We are CPRE Hertfordshire, the countryside charity.
We are a long-standing local environmental charity, and we’re passionate about promoting and protecting the Hertfordshire countryside for everyone to value and enjoy. We have both office-based and home-based volunteer roles, and most only require a few hours each week.
For example, the tasks you could help with include:
- Researching and writing about a local issue such as climate change, species loss, or water
- Creating maps or taking photographs of a threatened site
- Monitoring planning applications and development proposals in your area
- Doing in-depth research on a proposed development and helping draft our response
- Coordinating publicity and participant enrolment for a workshop or event
- Contributing your expertise as a pro bono consultant e.g. Legal, Finance, HR, IT
- Helping with general administrative tasks
- Assisting with marketing and fundraising
- Organising and helping out at events like our AGM or at talks to community groups
- Becoming a Trustee
Please take a look at our website to find out more and get in touch if you’d like to have an exploratory conversation.