Volunteering vacancies for the Chiltern Society are many and varied! You’ll feel valued and part of a big organisation championing the Chilterns.
Types of volunteering often include:
- Volunteer Path Reps – The Chiltern Society has a network of volunteer path reps who monitor the rights of way in their parish by walking them at least twice a year and also carrying out very light maintenance work to ensure that footpaths and bridleways are kept as accessible as possible.
- Footpath Maintenence Team – if you’d like some more physical exercise while improving rights of way.
- Heritage & Arts Group Coordinator/ Rights of way group secretaries – Are you a good organiser and clerk? The Chiltern Society Heritage Group is a lively group aiming to raise awareness, inform, champion and as required, campaign to protect the history and heritage of the local area. Set up, record and fully participate in the group quarterly meetings. Or help liaise between the Society and the local Council on rights of way matters.
- Social group organisers – help organise social events for the different volunteer groups in the society.
- Leaflet delivery volunteers
- Planning field officers: Identify and respond to planning applications in your local area.
- Volunteer at an event – you could be a Heritage Festival volunteer or a Roadshow Marshal, or you could even volunteer as a Project Manager for the Swire Ridgeway Arts Prize.
Check out the website for all the latest Chiltern Society volunteering opportunities.Chilterns Society volunteer vacancies