Dadima’s Monthly Walk & Talk Sundays in the Chilterns
by Geeta Ludhra
Hi, I’m Geeta, and I lead monthly guided walks in the Chilterns area. Alongside my academic job in education, I run a registered non-profit social enterprise called Dadima’s (translated, this is the Hindi noun for grandmothers).
How can I join in the walk and talks?
What do I need to bring/wear?
I am conscious of not dictating what you wear, but of course I want you to be safe and comfortable. The walking/hiking industry is huge business, and some items are incredibly expensive.
There are no rules, but I have a few simple suggestions below:
- Walking shoes with a good grip and ankle support if needed. I often share pictures of walking shoes on my Instagram social media page, so do have a browse of those posts.
- Thick walking socks to avoid blisters.
- Waterproofs/cap as needed, depending on weather.
- Water bottle and a small snack if needed
- Money for a drink, as we will sometimes pass a coffee shop/pub.
- Small rucksack (keep it light and to essentials).
How can I contact you and do I need to book on?
My social media handles are listed below:
- Instagram: @educatinggeetachilterns Drop me a message there and I’ll try to reply within 48 hours.
- Twitter: @educatinggeeta Drop me a message there and I’ll try to reply within 48 hours.
- Email: email@example.com Email me and I’ll try to reply within 48 hours.
There is no need to book on, but I always find it helpful if you do let me know beforehand, so that I have a rough idea of who is coming.
What if rain is predicted?
Unless really heavy rain or bad weather is predicted, I’ll always walk. As the saying goes: “There’s no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing”.
In October 2021, a group of us walked for 4 hours in heavy rain, and we had great fun. The coffee and cake in a Watlington pub was so worth-it!
I would love to see you, your friends and family on one of these guided walk and talks. If you have particular questions, do feel free to email/message me via one of the suggested contact channels above.
Set a date to come together with family and friends for a Christmassy catch-up. Every Christmas gift and seasonal treat you buy helps care for these special places, to keep them twinkling for many Christmases to come.
Autumn is a glorious time to explore the Chilterns. From our Autumn Food and Drink Festival to campfire stories and...