Booker Common is one of many commons owned by the West Wycombe Estate that lie to the western side of High Wycombe.
Jefferys’ old map dated 1770 shows Limmer Green and Booker Green as open areas which were probably grazed. By 1825 when Bryant drew his map of Buckinghamshire, the area is marked as Booker Common and is still shown as open. The common was nearly the same shape as it is today, with Spring Coppice shown as a wood directly to the north. Newmer Common is on the north western side of Booker Common.
Historical research as revealed that there were some beech trees on Booker Common and these were managed to produce an income for the West Wycombe Estate. If regularly harvested, that will be why there are few large old grandfather or veteran trees on the common today.
Today the common is a popular place to go for a walk with the dog, or unwind after a busy week. The common is also locally important for wildlife and has been designated a Local Wildlife Site. It is managed by the Booker Common and Woods Protection Society on behalf of the estate.