Chalkscapes Champions is the volunteering component of Chalkscapes, which will put people at the heart of the Chilterns landscape.
We will work closely with the Chiltern Society, Culture Trust Luton, Dunstable and Houghton Regis Town Councils, the Luton and Bedfordshire Volunteering Network, local heritage, natural history and friends groups and other partners, utilising and growing existing volunteering networks to increase volunteering activity within the project and partners overall.
Our ambitions for Chalkscapes Champions at delivery are:
- To create, support and promote a broad range of volunteering opportunities across the Chalkscapes project
- To encourage and support volunteers to act as catalysts within their local communities to inspire and involve others
- To explore and develop options to expand, diversify and increase capacity for volunteering across partner organisations
- To create and deliver a broad programme of training, learning and mentoring opportunities and skills development to support volunteering
- To establish a volunteer forum and network to engage, motivate, inform, and facilitate exchange of skills and experiences, and explore options for a volunteer hub to support the volunteer network.
National Trust, WWF and RSPB send urgent SOS for nature as Sir David Attenborough says ‘we must act now’ to Save Our Wild Isles
Today (13 March), in their first major campaign together, the National Trust, the RSPB and WWF are urging everyone in...
New film: National Hedgelaying Championships comes to the Chilterns
Did you know hedges were used as living fences, marking ownership and keeping animals in or out of a field?...
New book published on the reintroduction of red kites for UN World Wildlife Day (3rd March)
A new book is being published that describes the story of the successful reintroduction of red kites to the UK...