Regenerative Agriculture Workshop: Regenerative Grazing Workshop
Start dateTue, 4 April 2023
Start Time10:00End Time17:00
LocationEarth Trust Little Wittenham Oxford OX14 4QZ
This session is the second in a three part series of Regenerative Agriculture Workshops for farmers, supported by North Wessex Downs AONB and Earth Trust. All workshops in this series are designed and delivered by Niels Corfield, England’s leading regenerative soil adviser.
This session: Regenerative Grazing
Ever wanted to know what it is that makes grass grow rapidly and in drought?
Want to know how to convert consolidated soil into friable top soil that doesn’t saturate?
Want to know how to create the most beneficial environment for stock on your farm?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then this workshop is for you.
In this full day session, Neils will bring his insightful yet practical approach to help farmers adapt to the need to act for climate and biodiversity. Backed up by the most up to date research, broken down into manageable chunks, Niels will help attendees understand the needs of plants and soil and their interactivity in a whole new light and present tools to best manage both for yields, economy and for nature.
Topics will include:
• Grazing management principles and systems
• Time-saving strategies for management of land & livestock
• Manure management & processing on-farm
• Understanding soil health: soil health principles for graziers
• Learning to read your soil and pasture
• Overseeding existing pasture & establishing new covers
• Monitoring and data gathering