Chiltern Open Air Museum Christmas Event Festive event
Start date3rd December 2022End date4th December 2022
Start Time10amEnd Time5pm
LocationChiltern Open Air Museum, Newland Park Gorelands Lane Chalfont St Giles Buckinghamshire HP8 4AB
Price£9 adult, £7 children 4-16 (under 4s free), annual pass holder free
A special Christmas weekend opening. Come and find out a little about how Christmas was celebrated in the past and see some of the Museum’s historic buildings traditionally decorated for Christmas.
There will be an artisan Christmas market with over 20 stalls and the Museum’s shop will be full of handmade products made by local crafts people including jewellery, candles, preserves and gin – perfect for a bit of Christmas shopping!
- Meet costumed inhabitants in our buildings
- Learn about how Christmas was celebrated in the past
- Do a bit of Christmas shopping at our small Christmas market
- Listen to some festive music (Saturday – Bucks Music Trust wind band, brass band, and swing band, and Chiltern hand bell ringers. Sunday – Next Stage Choir, Jubilate, Jupiter Singers, and Lemon Tuesday).
- Take part in a Children’s craft activity
- Make some festive candles (additional charge)
- Listen to some festive storytelling
- See the blacksmith working in the forge
- See what the team are making in the Bodger’s Area in the woodland
- Find out what local wood carver, Hendrick Joosten is making in our Furniture Factory
- Meet Victorian Father Christmas and see Mrs Claus and her horse
*Activities are subject to change
Standard admission rates apply. Free admission for annual pass holders.