Chilterns Walking Festival – Autumn 2017
The Chilterns Walking festival is back for its second festival, running from Saturday 16th September – Sunday 1st October 2017.
The festival invites experienced and novice walkers alike to explore the landscapes, locations and legends of The Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
This festival’s exciting programme of walks, talks and special events, to be launched online in July, includes highlights such as:
· A fantastic walk across farmland taking in Chequers and The Ridgeway National Trail, combined with meeting the local farmer, refreshments and a visit to Buckmoorend Farm Shop.
· A series of three HS2 walks - in Wendover, Misbourne and Denham - offering walkers the opportunity to view the beautiful Chilterns landscape before it changes forever.
· Guided rides on your own horse around the beautiful Chilterns on bridleways and quiet lanes, ending with coffee and cake.
· Train or bus one way, walk back – go further afield than you might otherwise on one of these linear walks, discovering more of the countryside than ever.
· Join the Simply Walk group for a Fox-Trot around the Amersham area and ending up at Fox's outdoor store for refreshments and shopping!
· If you think you can't draw, think again! Sketching walks led by a wildlife artist and Countryside Officer will teach you some simple techniques to observe and sketch some of the plants, trees and natural objects in the Chilterns countryside on your doorstep.
· A scenic walk through the historic backstreets of Henley-on-Thames before climbing up into the Chiltern Hills, followed by a free tour of Brakspear’s Bell Street micro-brewery and a special 'home-cooked pie and trimmings' lunch.
· A private tour of the Lacey Green windmill restored by the Chiltern Society, followed by a beautiful circular walk around the Lacey Green area with stunning views, passing through quiet valleys.
· Walk through the beautiful rolling hills of the southern Chilterns before being rewarded with a stop at the Rebellion brewery shop to sample some local beers!
· Meander through the Chiltern Open Air Museum’s woodland landscape, learning more about the Museum's hidden meadow, and exploring the Museum and its rescued historic buildings.
For more information and to book walks, go to www.visitchilterns.co.uk/walkingfest or find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ChilternsWalkingFestival.