Growing in the grounds of the village hall, this oak tree is quite a feature of Stoke Row village. The tree grew on the edge of an old clay pit until the 1920s when the pit was filled in and the village hall built.
Despite the storm damage in 2004 which meant that tree surgeons had to cut out some of the higher branches the tree still thrives. Locals think that this may be due to the nutrients from the village hall septic tank!
The Maharajah's Well was officially opened on Queen Victoria's birthday in 1864. The path to the well was planted with an avenue of yew trees, four of which survive today as the originals. These are growing so well that they had to be trimmed back in the 1990s to keep them in check and ensure the avenue remained passable.
The Cherry Orchard next to the well is often known by its Indian name, Ishree Bagh. The well and adjoining orchard were donated by the Maharajah of Benares to illustrate his feelings for England and as a token of his friendship with Mr Reade.
One hundred and one cherry trees were planted in order to provide an income to help with the up-keep of the well. A few still survive today though they are no longer financially productive.
Edward Reade, of Ipsden, had carried out a similar gesture in 1831 by donating a well and mango grove to an Indian community.
He is associated with a special wood too. This photograph of him, taken before 1870, shows him standing next to the well with a yew tree behind him.
This striking Copper Beech was planted in 1935 to commemorate the Silver Jubilee of King George V. It was planted on the site of the old shed in which the visiting preacher parked his trap. In 2006 it measured 2.2m in girth and was popular amongst the church flower arrangers for its colourful foliage.
At nearly 5 metres in girth, this oak tree is a feature of Highmoor. It is found by the entrance to The Manor, behind Bearwood which was once The Old School. No doubt it was a popular place to play in the past.