Spring Wood contains many springs including Sedgehill Spring which is protected by an ornate brick structure featuring a stone carving of an elephant. It was built by the Knollys family who bought the Blount’s Court estate in 1841.
This postcard of Sedgehill Spring and some children is marked 1909:
Sedgehill Spring, on the eastern edge of the wood on the public footpath, in 2006, following restoration in the 1960s:
A large ditch, 60 metres long and 10 metres wide is linked to the spring and is a very unusual feature of unknown age and origin:
The wood can be acccessed by two public footpaths.
Please park safely and considerately
Near Sonning Common